Volunteer and be part of something special
We are actively looking for volunteers to help us to welcome our visitors and work with our museum collection.
Volunteers engage across all of the work we do from the bustling, friendly Coffee House to technicians working on our exhibitions; from retail volunteers working in the Artisan's Gallery selling locally made craft to IT savvy volunteers recording our collection.
Volunteering can be a highly rewarding experience in which you can:
- Gain confidence: Volunteering will help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference: Volunteering will have a real and valuable positive effect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people: Volunteering will help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends, whether you are new to the area or have lived here all of your life.
- Be part of a community: Volunteering will help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills: Volunteering will help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge: Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun!: All of our volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
Volunteers are at the heart of The Folly and work alongside paid staff in a number of roles.
Without our committed and skilled volunteers, The Folly would not be able to open, we could not take care of our museum collection and we could not be able to engage with our visitors, meaning that the Trust would not be able to fulfil its charitable objectives.
Whether roles are paid or voluntary, we work as a team in which everyone’s contribution is highly valued. Why not join us!
email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information